About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Finish It February: Knitting UFOs

 Some among the knitting universe consider February a great month.  It is Finish It February.  Some even go further and have Finish It Friday every week of the year.  I am into the Finish It February this year.

Yesterday morning I took the time to work on Finishing UFOs.  It turned out that I went to my closet rod where I have many UFOs hung up in fabulous clear zipper bags with handles that my sister gave to me months ago.  I thought at that time that maybe organizing them would get me working on them.  Not so.  But now...I am into it.

So I took down the first project.

Here is the first Finish It February project.  Because I had not included a pattern in the bag, I did not know what this was supposed to be. It was a rather lush shiny acrylic yarn of some sort...a very old project. I decided I did not love it enough to keep it going so I pulled it out and re-wound the yarn into a ball.  That is one of the ways acceptable in the Finish It February mindset.


Here is another of the same ilk as above: no pattern, pretty acrylic yarn.  Pulled this one out, too.  Yarn ready to use for another project.

This unfinished object was a chemo hat I had started long ago after knitting a chemo hat and a comfort shawl for a dear friend who needed them both.  This hat was stopped partway in.  I did have the chart but not all the instructions and yesterday there were so many other things crowding my mind that I did not feel I could take the time and effort to find where I was in the chart. This was pulled out also!  The plus about this UFO was that I had the ball band for the yarn. It was Cot-Soy yarn.  Some day I will start again and make a chemo hat with this yarn, but you may be sure that I will include the pattern in the holding bag!!

Well, no time for more today but I pulled out more projects and actually finished a pair of baby boottees.  

These only needed the buttons sewn on. I did it then put them in my box of "Items Ready To Gift When The Time Is Right" items. They really are not wonky as they seem in the picture because I did not stuff them with tissue paper so they displayed well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: