About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 14, 2022

Munchie Monday: Fruit Water for Valentine's Day

 It is so important to drink a lot of water.  Sometimes one needs to try something different.  One of the easiest and tastiest things to do is  to make fruit water.

Being Valentine's Day, with pink and red themes, I decided to make some strawberry-lemon fruit water.

How I did it:

In the bottom of a two-quart glass pitcher I sliced up half a dozen strawberries that I bought fresh from the store. Since it is not strawberry season I was unsure of how this would go, but did it anyway.  Next I sliced in half a lemon in fairly thin slices. After filling the pitcher full of water I placed it in the refrigerator.  When I made this early this week, there was only three hours in the refrigerator before it was time to serve,  It tasted pretty good even then.

Next on the docket was to make more so I got out a 2-quart canning jar and repeated with the other half  of the lemon, sliced thin, and another half dozen strawberries.  After filling the jar to the brim with water, I put a cover on and put it in the refrigerator.


This picture shows all the lemon slices and strawberries since we drank all the water in the pitcher and refilled it.  Two days later we had consumed it again and I poured the fruit water from the canning jar into the pitcher and the strawberries and lemon slices slid into the pitcher along with the water.  

We have now consumed both containers refilled twice.  The water gets fruit-y-er the longer you let it sit in the refrigerator until after about four or five days it begins to lose flavor which is when you pitch it out and start again.

Nice stuff, fruit water. Worth the effort.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: