About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 21, 2022

Munchie Monday: Chocolate Pineapple Ice Cream!

 There was a recipe for Chocolate Dole Whip.  I know nothing about Dole Whips but heard they exist at theme parks around the country.

This is what we did:

In food processor put:

1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1/4 cup chocolate chips
3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
2 frozen bananas, slightly defrosted
Process until as smooth as you like it.

Dear One did like this.  It was my alternative to making oatmeal raisin cookies.  He first asked for some chocolate chip cookies then immediately changed his mind when I told him I would need to defrost some butter. He asked if I could use applesauce, then changed to oatmeal raisin cookies.  If anyone has such a recipe without butter or oil or shortening, I would love a copy.  I can deal with sugar, just not the fat.  Thanks.



Okay.  So the scoop is that this "ice cream" was pretty good but needed another frozen banana to tilth it up and also to be processed in the high speed blender.  There were still chunks of chocolate chips which Dear One perceived as nuts until I clarified for him.  They were not unpleasant in the slighted.

The actual recipe called for 2 cups of frozen pineapple and 1 cup oat milk.  I figured a can of crushed pineapple with juice would give the same effect.  It almost did...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: