We seem to have a lot of Wilton Candy Melts at our house. I cannot fathom why we have so many. I do not want to eat them all myself so I am giving them away. The ladies at our Church have an annual chocolate dipping party just before Valentine's Day so this is the perfect time to unload the melts.
Before letting them all go, however, I decided to use a bag that was unopened plus a bag that was half gone. The reason this came to mind was that as I was working at organizing the pantry I found a silicon mold I purchased a couple of years ago in the shape of bunnies. It is the Wilton Bunny Peeps Mold. You can find it at Amazon and also probably at Michaels or Joann or other craft store.
So I melted the dark chocolate melts which fit almost perfectly into the 12 bunny cavities. I then took the half bag of pink melts and melted them in the microwave also. They did not come to the same runny consistency as the unopened bag. The melts were soft and pliable, just not pour-able. I used them anyway.
This is what they looked like before going into the freezer to chill:
Here they are out of the freezer after 15 minutes of chilling time:
As you can see, they are pretty much a disaster. I am not confident our early morning friends will eat them. If those kids don't, perhaps I can get the grandchildren to eat them, though I have been trying to lay off giving the kids bad (but fun) stuff to eat.