About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, February 3, 2017

Food Friday: The General's Surprise

Always looking for ways to improve our healthy food options, I read a recipe for General Tso's Cauliflower Healthified which somehow showed up in my emailbox.   Since I had recently had a chat with Dear One about our menu choices I decided to give it a try.  Well, what is not to like about General Tso's sauce?!  And cauliflower? You cannot go wrong with cauliflower.

So I made the recipe.  The sauce was delicious.  The oven baked breaded cauliflower was nice and crisp.  The rice was brown.

This is what it looked like on the plate:






When Dear One asked me what it was I told him it was General Tso's Surprise.  He ate several pieces before he asked what it was.  When I told him it was cauliflower his enjoyment in the meal immediately faded.  Funny guy.  I said, "You know you love it."  He said, "I did until I heard I was eating cauliflower!"  Really funny guy.

Well, there was more for me, I guess.

Next time, and there will be a next time, I will not bread the cauliflower. I will just roast it and then douse it in the delicious sauce.   It won't be crispy or look sort of like fried chicken, but it will be healthified by me, and much healthier than breading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: