About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 6, 2017

Munchie Monday: Meatless Loaf

A few days ago Jill McKeever had a recipe video on YouTube that I just HAD to try. I always liked meatloaf when my mother made it and when my mother-in-law made it.  I made it a few times, too, and liked it.  Since trying to eat a more plant-based diet, I thought I would try this one.

This one tasted fine to me.  Jill says it is even better the next day because it becomes more solid as opposed to rather soft when you eat it hot out of the oven and is thus great on sandwiches. I am looking forward to a meatloaf sandwich for breakfast...!

Even the gravy tasted wonderful on the real mashed potatoes.

Sadly, this meal did NOT sell well at our house.  I probably will not make it again unless Dear One is away for a few days...something I do not anticipate happening any time soon.  Well, even then, I probably won't make it unless a freezer trial comes out well.

The next day was no more successful than the first time.  It still tasted good but the texture was too soft for me.  Sad. I wanted it to work.  Maybe it is time to make a nut loaf...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: