About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 13, 2017

Munchie Monday: Frugality Again--Cabbage and Onions

We had half a cabbage that was beginning to look less than lovely. Well, it was drying out.  I could not bear to throw it out.  This is what I did:

Sliced the cabbage into fine shreds.

Slice two large onions, also finely, but since I knew I was the only person who would eat this food, I did not trouble too much about the size of the onions.

Melted 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the cast iron skillet then put in the cabbage and onions.  Stirred them well to coat with the lovely oil.  Sautéed the vegetables over medium heat until the cabbage was tender and the onions nicely caramelized.  Sprinkled with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Yes, I love that stuff.

This cabbage and onion conglomeration was very very good.  It took me three days to eat it all but I enjoyed every single bite.  No one else bit when offered...

 You can see the lovely caramelized onions.  So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: