About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Halloween at Our House

 Dear One is such a good man. He thought we should dress up for Halloween for while we sat on our porch ready to hand out candy to passers-by.

Here he is:


Can you guess his costume?  Yes, you are right!  He is the conductor on The Polar Express.


Yep!  There she is: the witch!  One little child on the sidewalk was heard to say, "Look at the cool witch!"  That made my day!  As you can see by the basket of roving, I was sitting there spinning wool yarn while the kids came and went.  I managed to finish one bobbin which was half full when I started. Since people were still coming when it was getting dark, I put on another bobbin and spun up another bit. It is now ready to roll the next day I go out to spin,  

My plan to spin every day after supper has hit the skids.  I think I was only able to spin two days last week, including Halloween!  Maybe I can do better this week.  Too many things pulling me this way and that, but I REALLY want to spin up all the fiber in the fiber closet.  This is especially desirable since I moved ALL the fiber things, including most of the fabric, into the closet when I was on a cleaning binge last week. I need another week of all-day-cleaning-binges to get that workroom whipped into shape. I am thinking of giving away some of my precious 'stuff'.  We shall see.  If I am not using it and there is way too much anyway, well, someone else could benefit from it...At least I guess they could.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: