About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Alfredo Sauce is Delicious!

Our Relief Society cookbook has given me such pleasure...the recipes are delicious but thinking about the wonderful ladies who submitted them is even more satisfying!

Shellie gave a very tasty alfredo sauce recipe which I made just as she put it in the cookbook the first time I made it and we loved it.  Since then I have wanted to make it but did not have all the same ingredients so I made the alterations below.  I guess it was a success because when I got home, all but about a half cup of it was GONE!  That makes me happy...plus it made for a much smaller serving for me, which is always a good thing!

PACC Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese cut into smallish cubes
1/2 cup grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
2-3 large cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
Sea salt to taste

In large cast iron skillet melt butter over MEDIUM heat then sautee garlic for about 1 minute.  Add cream cheese chunks, grated sharp cheese, and heavy cream.  Stir with wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and slightly bubbly.  Add parsley, black pepper, and salt to taste.  Serve over your favorite pasta.  We have used linguine, macaroni, bowties, and wide egg noodles.  They are all good.  The bowties were the most fun!

Sorry there is no picture.  There was not enough left to photograph...

UPDATE:  Today was our 40th and, since the alfredo was so well-received yesterday, I made it again! This time there was some left over. 
PACC Alfredo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: