About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

First Harvest, 2013 Season!

Today when I went to the salad garden I found some produce ready to harvest!  Very exciting!

Well, it was only one little radish, but here it is!

First Radish, 2013 Season

Kind of cute, isn't it?!  Well, it is no more....we had salad for supper.

We also had some Black Bean, Quinoa, and Corn 'salad' for supper along with the nice green salad with our fresh little tiny radish.

In fact, I found a recipe online for  the Black Bean/Quinoa salad, but when I left some out for Dear One, instead of eating it cold as salad, he put it into the microwave and heated it up.  There is no accounting for taste!  I had mostly followed the online recipe for the basic salad then I added finely diced sweet onions, red bell peppers, celery, and matchstick carrots.  It was pretty good.

For supper tonight, knowing my dining companions, I put a little canola oil in the large skillet until hot then heated the "salad" through.  It did taste pretty good hot!

Black Bean, Quinoa, and Sweet Corn salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: