About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Food Today: A Nice Chinese-like Dipping Sauce

When I realized that the reason I like to go to Chinese buffets off and on to eat was because I LOVE the sauces for General Tsao's Chicken/Tofu and for dumplings as well as other sauces, I decided it must be possible to find recipes on the internet. 

As it happens, I was right, at least to some extent.  I have found many recipes.  Some of them I have tried.  Some did not do it for me.  Some were pretty good but I did not "save" them so I just made up my own recipes remembering the ingredients for the most part.  Now I don't have the compulsion to go out to eat!  My own sauce, my own vegetables, my own sauteed tofu....YAY!

My most recent dipping sauce recipe is here:

2/3 cups Braggs Liquid Aminos (could use soy sauce)
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee)
2 Tablespoons garlic chile sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee)

Stir these together well and refrigerate until needed.  OR you could just spoon it down the gullet immediately.

For breakfast I spooned this sauce over a bowl with steamed broccoli, lightly fried egg, and sauteed sweet potatoes.  Really yummy and pretty low on the glycemic index, I think...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: