About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Knitting Today: The Fish Hat

Whenever we go on vacation I like to see if there is a yarn shop, library, or thrift store nearby.  The thrift store because I love to see what other people have discarded, and perhaps to find something that I have been missing for years and just have to have!The yarn shops and libraries often have classes available.  I love learning new things.

During our Cape Cod vacation I found the Yarn Hound in Dennis.  This shop tickled me especially because I call my genealogy business The Genealogy Hound!  When we made our first stop at the Yarn Hound shop I discovered that they were having a charity open knitting afternoon later in the week. I decided then and there to go back.

It was nice to see a large table with many knitting ladies chitchatting as if they were old friends.  I expect they WERE old friends!  At least they were knitting shop friends....The shop owner asked what I could knit.  When I told her I would knit anything she gave me a "kit" of yarn and a pattern for the fish hat that was found on Knitty.com.

There were lovely yarns, both synthetic and natural which I knitted into this hat:

I call this the eyeless fish hat...Sadly, I lost the white felt circles the shop owner gave me for eyes. I will have to send the fist back eyeless...

It was nice to be included in this charity project. I would love to have been able to get the hat knitted up and returned before returning home, but...no time as we were leaving the next morning.  The Post Office will be our friend!

If you are in the Dennis, Massachusetts area, do drop in.  Parking is in the rear of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: