About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Munchie Monday: Popcorn Treats!

Is there anyone who does not enjoy a rice krispie treat every once in a while?  I think not.  Especially when there are so many variations on the basic Rice Krispie Treat.  Well, I wanted to make some for our early morning crew but I did not have any Rice Krispies so I thought I would try them with popped corn.

This is what I did:

Popped corn to make 8 cups of fluffy popcorn.

Melted 4 Tablespoons of butter (Not margarine.  Go for the real thing.) in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat.

Added 10 ounces marshmallows and stirred CONSTANTLY with a long-handled wooden spoon until the marshmallows were completely melted and smoothly incorporated into the melted butter.

Poured the hot syrup over the popped corn and stirred until all the kernels were covered in the sweet syrup.

Previously I had lined a 9 by 13 pan with parchment paper which I sprayed with a little non-stick spray.  When the popcorn was well mixed I pressed it into the pan and let it cool.

When completely cooled, I cut it into rectangles and put them on a plate for the early morning crowd, and went to bed.
Popcorn Treats ready to serve.


It turns out either 1.  there was no early morning crowd today, or 2.  they did not think they would be any good.  The plate appeared untouched.  So....since I did not dare have them in the house as I liked them just fine, I put them all in a package and delivered them to the grandchildren who, I feel certain, will like them very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: