About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, November 18, 2016

TannyRaw made these crackers on YouTube. I thought I had posted about them but do not seem to find them.  This is a recipe/process you are going to think is not worth the effort and is not worth trying, but the  results really are worth the effort. I was sorry I was not able to take them to Relief Society tonight to share with the sisters.

This is what I did:

Ground 3/4 cup flax seeds in the blender.

Chopped 4 sweet onions then ground them in the food processor until they were really mostly mush.

In a large bowl I mixed together the onions, flax seed meal, 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, and a pinch of salt.  (TannyRaw did not put in salt.  I am still a salt person but this was very little salt.  Truly a tiny pinch and it made a difference.)


When they were completely homogenized, I put them into the fruit leather tray in our dehydrator.  This made three trays full.



After 9 hours at 135 degrees F. I did not think they were done/crispy and dry enough so I shut them off overnight. (I did not want them to burn during that time. I knew they were just about ready.)

The next morning I gave them another 3 hours then pulled them off the fruit leather trays.


These are so delicious.  Store them tightly covered after eating your fill.  After three days of having the cover off, they are beginning to soften up a little.  They are much like fruit leather now.   I think I will put them back in the dehydrator for a little while. Or the oven.

Did I say these were acceptable to Dear One?  They were!

UPDATE:  I put them back in the dehydrator for a couple hours and they crisped right up.  Perfectly edible again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: