About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Using the Dehydrator: Kale Powder

We had a lot of some nondescript kale in the garden.  It was getting out of hand so I remembered that I had thought to use the dehydrator with excess food so here was the first opportunity.

I love this dehydrator!  There are nine shelves.

In this case I filled the shelves and set the machine going for 20 hours, which was really overkill.


After the kale was dry I put it into a bowl.

With the dried kale in the bowl I scrunched it all up, then put it into the food processor to turn it into a powder.


This was the first batch of dried kale.  After a second batch the jar is about half full.
Now I can add kale to soups and all sorts of things and it will be more or less invisible.

Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: