About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, February 9, 2024

A New Neighbor With A Blue Coat...!

 This afternoon I was standing at the kitchen sink and looked out the window.  There on the railing of our back deck was a beautiful blue-coated bird.  I don't know if it is an actual bluebird but it is so pretty and has a sort of orange-y breast.  The sweet little guy stayed there long enough for me to get my phone and move to the sliding door so I could take a picture through clear glass and not through screen...!  Such a good little bird!


Here he is in all his glory!  I do not believe we have had any of this brand of birds yet.  At least I have not seen them.

It is getting close to time to put out the hummingbird feeder.  Probably time to bring it in and scrub it within an inch of its life so it is ready for this years crop of hummers.  

Another good thing to do on the deck would be to pull the last of the dead plants from last year and actually plant spinach and spring onions, maybe even lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: