About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 19, 2024

Munchie Monday: 6-Week Bran Muffin Tops!

 The first iteration of those muffins was very good…but too much muffin.  We have a wonderful Chicago Metallic non-stick muffin top pan.  I pulled it out and used a 2-Tablespoon portion scoop to make six muffin tops.  I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees F…until they were done. Well, about 15 minutes in all.  That was too much but they were not badly burned.  They are dark because they are bran muffins but the dates in them got a bit over cooked.

These tasted good. I just heard peanut butter is good to help fight inflammation so I put peanut butter on the bottom of one of the tops hoping it would take some of the curse off all the sugar in the muffins.  Someone with real scientific information can correct me.  What you read on social media is usually wrong,  though I think this info came from Mayo Clinic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: