About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Is Life A Puzzle?

 This question comes up because our oldest son gave us a puzzle (with 1000 puzzle pieces as it happens) of the state flags of every  state of the United States. Dear One got started in the puzzle right away and laid  the pieces all out on the dining room table right side up.  It was so chaotic but after weeks of trying to put a few pieces together I began thinking about how to make it work. It was not working for me to have all that chaos. Something new I learned about myself…!

It happened that the puzzle has rows of the state names under their flags.  I thought if I was able to put those rows of state names  in order, then I could just fill in with the flags and remaining pieces…so today I got out a piece of foam core  I had leftover from some project or other.  I picked up all the puzzle pieces from the table that had no writing or partial writing  on them and put them back in the puzzle box to wait their turn at the foam core. After that the foam core took its place on the table and I started putting the “important” pieces together. 


This is the newly started puzzle with foam core underneath. If we had  dinner guests we could move the puzzle. I see this as a long term project….

This is the dining room table after most of the puzzle pieces were put back in the box to wait.

Did not get far.  Dear One even sat down and worked a bit. This is good to keep the little gray cells moving.  Another thing to add to the  list of  “things to do a few minutes every day”.  I am convinced that I can get it together and have a clean and tidy house and an organized life if I spend a few minutes every day, EVERY day, on the things I need to do/want to do. Wish me luck.  Allergy season seems to be here and it saps my energy and resolve. That is why I am writing it down so people I care about can hold me accountable…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: