About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Knitting Today: Winter Chill Shawl

 A few weeks ago I started knitting a Pi Shawl by Elizabeth Zimmermann in fingering weight sock yarn with the idea of using up yarn that I did not seem to be knitting into socks.  It was looking so pretty but was taking FOREVER and I thought I would not get it done for this winter.  Well, I CERTAINLY was not going to be able to get it done this year at the rate I was knitting. 

 It happened that I found a Very Pink Knits podcast where she shows how to knit her Winter Chill Shawl pattern.  I thought a shawl would go faster in a worsted weight yarn.  (Of course I decided to rush over to Hobby Lobby before they closed that Saturday night to get a yarn cake of gradient yarn...sort of defeating the plan of using up what I had...). So I got started on that.  And it did seem to be going pretty fast. At least at first.


This is the beginning of that Winter Chill Shawl.  It was moving right along when I had the feeling that I needed to knit a baby blanket so the Winter Chill Shawl went into (hopefully short!) hibernation!  Baby blanket info soon!

Anyway, now I have multiple projects going...something I did not plan to do this year.  AND having had a few issues with sickness that kept the needles and yarn in the knitting bag for  a good long time, progress has not been really robust.  Feeling better now so perhaps....maybe a finished object coming up.  At least one thing might be done in the next week.  That is the plan, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: