About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Knitting Today: Izzy Teddy Bear Dolls

 We have had some babies born around here lately. I like to knit for babies. Today I knit two Izzy Teddy Bear Dolls. One was more successful than the other. I do not know why.


Yes, he really does have two eyes even though you cannot see the other one.  I tell myself the baby won’t care…

Faces are a big bugaboo for me.  One face came out okay; the other came out really nice.  Same person knitting, same yarn, same photo suggestion, totally different faces.

This pattern was a free pattern by Esther Braithwaite at www.stitchandshare.weebly.com.

The yarn used was Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn acrylic in worsted weight. I used US #3 needles to get a very firm fabric to keep the stuffing inside.  I used the Chiaogoo double pointed steel needles. Working at that gauge has my hands talking to me tonight…but it was for a good cause and the knitting gave me a great deal of pleasure imagining happy babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: