About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, June 7, 2024

Knitting Today: Pink Chicken Started

 That Emotional Support Chicken pattern was pretty easy to do (in retrospect!) and I thought I would start another one, also using up yarn from the house collection.  I can tell you that if I keep making a chicken a week until the end of the year, I might, possibly, use up all the worsted weight yarn we have.  I would like to do that actually.  Great goal.

Of course, if I use all the yarn on chickens, what will I use for weaving?  Oh yes, I have other yarn for weaving.  Probably!  However, without getting the cart before the horse, I will just plan on working on this pink chicken downstairs and work on other projects upstairs.  And yet another project when I go out (that one is the Pi Shawl by Elizabeth Zimmermann that I started months ago then moved on to a shawl I could get done.  Which I did complete but it did not fit the way I wanted it to fit.  For some reason all these young designers of today  call a scarf/bib a shawl.   In my book, a shawl is something that you throw around your shoulders to wrap you up so you will stay warm.  A scarf is something you wrap around your neck.  A bib is something you tie around your neck and it hangs down onto your chest in order to keep food off your clothes.  THESE THINGS ARE NOT SHAWLS!!). Moving on from off the soapbox now.  But not really.  I really HATE to see people "style" a scarf around their neck and call it a shawl...both as a named pattern and as a piece of work. Gets my goat.  Every time.

Here are the pink tail feather pieces ready to stitch together:


My thought is that this chicken will take more than a week due to the amount of downstairs time I will have to devote to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: