About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Recent Small Crochet Project: Mug Cozy

 Lately I have seen a lot of mug cozies.  So many of them are pretty cute.  I made a sunflower cozy!  It is not very good but it was fun to make.  If I make more, they might be better!  After all, practice makes better.

The flower was crocheted with the puff stitch.  (This is not the video I watched but it shows you how to do the puff stitch.) For that stitch you pull up yarn loops on your needle until they are about an inch long and you have 9 loops...or whatever number you want to make a plump puff.

After making the flower, if you want to make the mug cozy,  crochet a band to go around the mug.  This is the video I watched.


As you can see, it is somewhat pitiful if compared to other people projects BUT I am not big on comparing to others.  It made me happy to make it and it does look sort of sunflower-ish and that is good enough for me.  I will probably make more of these and each one will be better.  And by better I mean tighter, less floppy looking.

A word to the wise:  I used cotton yarn for this.  When I put the cozy on the mug, the cotton stretched out a lot. It then did not really fit the mug I gifted it with to my friend.  SO...probably only put it on the mug you want.  Or use wool yarn which has memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: