About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, July 1, 2016

Food Friday: Crispie Chocolate Bites

The youth from our Church were scheduled to come over for the evening. I wanted to make a treat for them.  I found a recipe that was reported to be a cross between rice krispie treats and s'mores.






12 ounces chocolate chips
3 cups Special K cereal
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows.

Using your kitchen scale, measure out 9 ounces of chocolate chips.  In a microwave safe bowl melt the chips in the microwave on low.  (Don't make the mistake of melting them in a saucepan on the stove when you are making supper....There are few things nastier than burned chocolate...) Stir after every 30 seconds until they are melted completely.   It does not take long.

In a separate large bowl pour the Special K cereal, the miniature marshmallows and the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate chips.  Using a rubber scraper, scrape the melted chocolate over the other ingredients and gently mix until they are well-combined and rather homogenous.  Using a 1-2 Tablespoon portion scoop, scoop out the mixture and place on a lined cookie sheet.

This recipe made 24 chocolate bites.

The youth came for their evening with the bishop and ate nearly all of them plus a large bowl of Northwest cherries which were so good. I was very happy to have them consume everything.  Less of a temptation for me....

PS  If you think it is strange to use Special K cereal, well, it is.  I went to the store in a rush and pulled the Rice Krispies off the shelf, got the other items I needed them headed home.  When I opened the box I discovered Special K, NOT Rice Krispies.  The bane of my existence is my obliviousness to just about everything...  Well, the kids and Dear One did like them anyway.  AND there were no nuts which is good because there are nut allergies to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: