Shirley told me about a wonderful apple pie recipe and gave me a copy. It was the same recipe! In the mouth of two witnesses...!
|Swedish Apple Pie, going fast! Dear One has a giant sweet tooth.|
SWEDISH APPLE PIE
1 cup sugar
1 cup Flour
1 1/2 sticks butter (melted)---USE ONLY BUTTER--never ever use margarine. It does not work. At least it did not work for me. Maybe coconut oil would work. I will try that next time. Maybe.
Approx. 5 apples peeled, cored, & sliced into small pieces.
1/4 cup chopped walnut
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fill a high-sided pie plate approximately 2/3 full of apples.
3. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top then sprinkle the cinnamon and the 1 Tablespoons sugar evenly over the apples.
4. In a small bowl, beat flour, sugar, and melted butter together well then add egg and beat until smooth.
5. Spread evenly over the top of the spiced apples and nuts.
6. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
This is just great by itself but goes well with a dollop of whipped cream on top or vanilla ice cream on the side.