About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Food Friday: Kale Sauté with Vidalia onion, and Mushrooms with Montreal Steak Seasoning

Yesterday I planned to make a sweet treat for Dear One when we arrived home from temple service.  It turned out we were later than I thought we would be. I was too tired to start in then, even though it is a fairly quick treat.  Maybe next time.

So, today I am sharing my breakfast and lunch treat!  It is Kale Saute with Vidalia Onion and Mushrooms with Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I use this to top just about EVERYTHING!  I love this stuff.


This is quick and easy and tastes so good.

Kale Saute

1 Tablespoon coconut oil---you could probably use your favorite other oil
3 large kale leaves, chopped
1 medium Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced
1 small box mushrooms---this was about 10 mushrooms--peeled and chopped
Ground black pepper to taste
Granulated garlic
Montreal Steak Seasoning.

In a large cast iron skillet melt the coconut oil over medium heat.  Add the sliced onions and chopped mushrooms and stir with a wooden spoon until the onion slices begin to become transparent.  Add the chopped kale and stir until all parts of the kale are slightly shiny from the coconut oil.  Put a cover on the pan and let cook about three minutes.  Remove cover.  Stir well then sprinkle on to lots of black pepper, granulated garlic, and top with a good dusting of Montreal Steak Seasoning.  Stir again, turn off heat,  then put cover on again, and let sit for another two or three minutes.  This activates the Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Cooked just right for me.  You might want to watch it closely and stop cooking when the kale is all still bright green.


You can now serve this.  I had a bowl for breakfast.  I also had a bowl for lunch.  That was all there was in this recipe.  Dear One did not indulge.  Sad for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: