Here is a very quick and easy one. The original recipe is here.
|The little tin with invisible label at the bottom of the photo is the tinned jalapenos. It was Ortega brand, I am pretty sure.|
What you need:
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic which you have peeled
- 1 cup fresh washed cilantro (about ½ a bunch or less if you are not such a fan of cilantro)
- 2 Tablespoons canned chopped jalapenos
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice (I used lemon juice but it was still good. Don't forget the lime, though. )
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you like the consistency. I did it in a blender and had a more mushy consistency than I like but it still tasted very good.
|This salsa is more of a mush. Next time I will use the food processor instead of the blender. If you like chunky, this was a failure....|