About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, August 29, 2016

Munchie Monday: Another Food Failure

Friends gave us some zucchini and yellow summer squash.  I thought I would try again to make zucchini chips.  Well, it was failure number two with the zucchini chips.

What I did:

The last time I made them they turned out pretty salty.  I thought this time I thought I would use soy sauce instead of salt...flavor and a little saltiness.  I also used some olive oil and some granulated garlic.

There was enough for two  half-sheet pans...actually, three but I only had two, so that is what I used.  One was lined with aluminum foil.  The other one had a Silpat liner.  I put them into a 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes.  No where near ready so I put them in for another 30 minutes.  Still not ready.  Since I had to go out, I turned the oven down to 225 degrees F and left for an hour.

After all this time,  a tiny portion of the two sheets were crispy.  The rest were not even close.  Adding liquid to the mix was a bad idea!  These taste okay, though.

Second Zucchini Chip Failure.


I may try one more time. After I get a second Silpat mat.  The chips that were on the aluminum foil stuck terribly.  The Silpat mat released them perfectly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: