So, we made a trip to see Grandpa, and I picked up some yarn that could be used for a dinosaur. I had found a pattern on Ravelry and was pretty sure I could accomplish it. The pattern was for a Diplocaulus, not a dinosaur I had ever encountered before, but what the heck! I could give it a try.
Because this looked like a smallish creature I decided to use a double strand of worsted weight yarn (I have a LOT of that weight and am trying to use it up...) and some size 11 needles.
|Diplo lying across the couch cushion. He is a big guy. Almost as long as B is tall.|
A few minutes later I had returned to the front of the chapel to prepare for teaching Sunday school. B came up, put his arms around me and gave me the sweetest kiss. What a lovely little boy. Even if his mom reminded him to do it, though he might have come on his own hook.
|Feet and body detail. Of course the short front legs are an error but I did not feel like trying again...|