About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Handwork: Toddler Hoodie Progress

The Yarn Hound in Dennis, Massachusetts sent me a box of yarn and a pattern to contribute to their charity work.  I enjoyed their shop when we were on the Cape for vacation last year.

When the box came the pattern was for a toddler hoodie. I thought I would make one with my own yarn first to figure out the pattern.  This is where I am at the moment:

I am working on the hood currently.
The sleeves are knitted but the underarm seams are not completed.  After the hood itself is knitted there will be the button bands to make and buttons to sew on.  I think it will be cute when done.  It is going to a new baby who will be born in October, since it has actually worked out pretty well.

One thing I learned is that I need to make a Norwegian purl stitch because my regular purl stitches are uneven when compared with my knit stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: