About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, September 19, 2016

Munchie Monday: 3-Ingredient Waffles

Betty sent me a recipe yesterday.  I tried it for breakfast today.  It was a success.  Not an astounding success, but at least it got a half-a-thumb up from Dear One.

This is the recipe:
3 C oats, 2 1/2 C water and one banana put into blender

Completed 3-ingredient waffles.


This is what I did:

Got out the Bosch mixer and attached blender jar.

Put in 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, 1 1/4 cups warm water, and 1 small VERY ripe banana.

Blended on high speed for 2-3 minutes, until completely smooth.

In the meantime, I put the waffle iron heating.

To bake the waffles, I sprayed the hot iron with vegetable oil spray then put 1/2 cup of batter onto the iron and closed until the "done" light came on.

This half-recipe that I made gave us 3 1/2 waffles.  I ate three of the hearts.  Dear One finished off all the rest. Well, who couldn't when topped with 1/4 of pure Vermont maple syrup!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: