About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Health Kick: Lemon Water

There has been a lot of talk about lemon water being so good for your body. I decided to try it.  Well, I had tried it before but fell off the wagon for some reason.  As I am writing this, I have fallen off the wagon again...or at least it has been three days since I last made some.

My version is made with hot water.

Into an 8-ounce glass I put 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice then fill with water as hot as I can drink...which is basically as hot as the faucet sends out.  Drink it down.

Many years ago an elderly gentleman was visiting in our home....like more than 90 years old elderly.  Being a foolish girl I asked him how he lived to be so old.  He said (in his somewhat heavy Dutch accent), "Every morning you need to drink a glass of water, hot what you can drink."  That is why I make lemon water with HOT water.

So the most recent time I made this lemon water I asked Dear One if he wanted some.  He thought a moment and said, "Yes.  Put in a little sugar."  Not what I had in mind for a healthy kick to start the day...but, of course, I did it.

Can you tell which one has the sugar in it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: