About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Knitting: Tawashi Heart

Winter is a time when I like to knit when my hands allow.  Today I happened onto a pattern called "Tawashi Heart" which is a small kitchen scrubbie cloth.  I tried it out.  I started it, tore it out, started it, tore it out, went out to swim and look for reduced-price chocolate options, and finally came home after 95 minutes of walking around stores who only had junk reduced-price chocolate--which just about finished me off.

First thing I did was sit down in my rocking chair and picked up the Tawashi Heart pattern and Sugar'nCream variegated yarn and started knitting again.  This time something clicked and I was able to knit right through the pattern.

This is what it looks like hanging on a bottle of dish soap, all ready to begin scrubbing!






Really, it was not that hard.  I just was not getting it through my head how it was supposed to be knit.  This is one of the first times I did not read all the way through the pattern first.  (It is a good practice  to read all the way through a recipe before you start to prepare it.  The same can be said for a knitting pattern. In this case it would have helped if I had realized that it was a double-thickness scrubbie.)

If you look on Ravelry.com at the tawashi heart pattern you will find multiple pictures of what other people have made.  To my view, this pattern should be knit in a variegated yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: