About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Knitting: Quick and Simple Adjustable Slippers

The other day I watched a video on YouTube by Lindsay Weirich, The Frugal Crafter.  She was knitting some quick and easy slippers.  I thought that would be something I could do to knit down a few of the yarns I have in the workroom.





These slippers are knit with doubled worsted weight yarn. I used US size 10.5 needles.   Lindsay had used some bulky weight chenille yarn which looked like lovely soft slippers.  I was too frugal to purchase some of that yarn though I did look at it for a while.  I can hear you laughing at that one!  At least this time I did not bite on the "right yarn" for the project.  After all, I have a large quantity of worsted weight yarn which could be mixed and matched to make these slippers.

You cast on only 22 stitches to make a slipper that should fit a woman's size 8.5 foot.  My foot is larger and wider than that and these fit me just fine.  Lindsay gives suggestions on how to adjust the size of these slippers. I am thinking of making some larger sized ones, in case they are needed in the near future to keep feet warm on cold winter floors.

Basically you knit a rectangle then do a few decrease rows, run a thread through the stitches remaining on the needle, pull them tight and secure them, then sew up the toe, sew up the heel, and your are done.  Quick, easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: