About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Attempt at Drawing From a Photograph

My dear friend E paints wonderful watercolors.  Many of them are the Savior, Jesus Christ. I love them.  She has told me I should, too, even though I mostly paint flowers and landscapes.  When I paint at all.

Today I was thinking about her at the same time I was scrolling through Facebook.  There in front of me was a picture of the Savior. I took of a pencil and drew what I saw on the corner of a sheet of instructions for the Referral Manager.  Well, it was the closest piece of paper at hand.

This is the picture.  It does not look like the Savior.  I, myself, do think it looks like a person, however.


There is no way anyone could figure out what picture I was drawing from.  It was kind of fun so maybe I will do it again.  I guess I really do want to learn to draw because for one of the watercolor classes offered by OSHER at Dartmouth the blurb about the class said prospective students needed to be very good at drawing before taking the watercolor class. That has been in my head for ages.  Maybe I will try again soon to draw something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: