About The Country Wife Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Fake Alfredo Sauce

Dear One loves macaroni and cheese.  We had some leftover cream cheese in the refrigerator so I thought I would turn it into a sort of ersatz Alfredo sauce.

Quick and Easy Fake Alfredo Sauce

In sauce pot melt 1/2 cup butter then add 8 ounces softened cream cheese.  With a wooden spoon, stir together until it is smoothly combined.  This takes some time.  Toward the end you can use a whisk but not before or you will whisk the butter all over yourself and the stove top. Ask me how I know.

When the butter/cream cheese is well amalgamated stir in 2 cup milks,  a few tablespoons at a time to make a nice thick sauce.  When the sauce is thick, stir in 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (or less if you are not a fan, but don't leave it out altogether), 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1 Tablespoon dried parsley.

When this is all nicely mixed, stir in 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until smooth and melted.  Pour over your favorite cooked pasta, or even some fresh-out-of-the-oven baking powder biscuits.  You will like it.  I am pretty sure.


Here is my bowl of Alfredo sauce and pasta.  I threw in a LOT of steamed broccoli to drop down the refined carbohydrate content.  In fact, you see all the pasta there is.  The rest is broccoli. It was really good. I could NOT talk Dear One into trying it that way.  Too bad for him.  Really good for me!

We just gave the leftovers to the missionary elders since Dear One is okay with one meal of leftovers but two is stretching it.  There was enough for us to have small servings and the Elders to have large servings.  That made me happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: