About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, March 23, 2018

Food Friday: Power Greens and Onions--Sautéed

The tummy has been a little off for a while so I decided to go back to the old standby: dark leafy greens.  This time I got some baby power greens at Costco.

For breakfast I peeled an onion then cut it from pole to pole.  After slicing it as finely as I could I put it in a little extra virgin olive oil in the cast iron pan and started it on medium heat.  After about three minutes I added about 8 ounces of the power greens, stirred them around, then covered with the lid and left them for three minutes.

After removing the lid and stirring again, I shut off the burner and let them sit on the residual heat for another five minutes. 

Luscious breakfast!  Truly.

I think I will make more for supper....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: