About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Mission Knitting: Wedding Gift

Friends eloped a few weeks ago.  Since then I have thought of knitting them something to celebrate.  I started out to make some kitchen scrubbies since everyone needs them BUT  I forgot that I used a US 11 needle for the last ones I made.  The needles I used to start these scrubbies were US 8.  Even though I was using two strands of worsted weight cotton yarn held together, on fifteen stitches it was obvious that this would not be a kitchen scrubbie so I changed to making coasters.

The project helped me use up several balls of yarn.  The family is a combined family with at least eight people so I made four colors of double coasters.  The box I made to send them is kind of cute but not quite large enough.  I will probably send it anyway...since I like handmade boxes.  I will have to make a belly band to hold it together...


They do not look like much but they will be great to put under mugs of hot chocolate.  In fact, I might make some for us, but not until I get the baby sweater project finished.  I was able to finish these while watching the live streaming of the Messiah from Temple Square.  We usually watch this at Christmas but it is actually Easter music. 

If you want to watch or listen to it, it is still available whenever you want until April 9, 2018  at LDS.org.  There is a 30-minute program before the actual music starts all about The Messiah.  Pretty interesting...but you can move the slider in about an inch until you see "The Concert Will Begin Shortly"on the screen.  I will be listening again, probably tomorrow night.  This music is so glorious.  Great music to knit by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: