About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, March 2, 2018

Food Friday: Egg Salad with Red Curry Paste

Last week I made some rather insipid egg salad.  It still smelled safe and since I was hungry I decided to spruce it up a bit.  At home in Vermont I always put curry powder in the egg salad mixture.  I did not have any curry powder here.

Looking in the cupboard I found a container of Red Curry Paste which I ill-advisedly purchased months ago.  I wondered what would happen if I added it.  Since I was not planning to foist any of the souped up salad mixture off on Dear One I went ahead and put in one-quarter teaspoonful.  After stirring up in great shape, I spread a pile of it onto one slice of bread and ate the open-faced sandwich (at least that is what I call one slice of bread with something on top).

The new egg salad was okay. It was not great.  Not even very good, because, in the first place it was rather dry since I had been very sparing with the mayonnaise, and second, because I probably should have put in more of the red curry paste.  I did eat it, disappointment though it was.  Next time...!

Since then I went to Winco's bulk spices bins and purchased a good amount of curry powder.  Probably I will never make egg salad again so the curry powder will just sit on the shelf.  Which will be a mistake since it smelled really nice and fresh and spice.  Maybe I have talked myself into hard-boiling more eggs.  Instant Pot, here I come.  Just not tonight....!
Egg salad with red curry paste mixed in.  You can see tiny flecks of red. That is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: