About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Second February Birthday Card

It was time for another February birthday card. This one turned out less than I had hoped for, but in the end I sent it anyway.


The paper was some different watercolor paper that I embossed using a lovely embossing folder and the Big Shot.  The embossing went very well and made a very nice impression.  Even though the paper is 140 pound, it is low quality, or maybe it is wood pulp instead of cotton based.

It was fun to play with the water color crayons I purchased after the free watercolor class I took at Michaels a couple of months ago.  Since I did not remember anything the nice teacher told me I basically made a mess of the paper but it is colorful and somewhat hopeful, at least to me so I mounted it pink paper and made a green bird envelope.

Hopefully she will like it.  I love her so if she does not, well, I will just have to make another one until I make a card she likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: