About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Mission Sewing Project: Adding a Zipper to Pocket

Last fall I found a soft hooded jacket that I thought would work well for the non-winter they have here in Oregon.  It was really just the ticket, even having two good side pockets.  Ever since then I have thought of inserting a zipper into the pockets so I could zip in the phone and ID.  Yesterday I did it.   Well, I did one.

It is not a fancy job but it works.  All I need now is to find my 1 1/2-inch split rings so I can insert one in the zipper pull to make it a snap to zip and unzip.

Seamstresses will be horrified but I am happy enough with it.  For a fifteen-minute job, it is okay with me.


In my own defense, it was a curved pocket with knit fabric.  When I do the other pocket, if I do,  I may try a different insertion method...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: