About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018

Food Friday: Quick and Easy Blender Waffles

Dear One loves enjoys waffles every time I make them. It seemed like time to make them again.  There were some ingredients that needed to be used up so this is what I did:

Quick and Easy Blender Waffles

1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1.75 cups buttermilk
3 eggs

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Add the eggs, buttermilk, and oil to the blender jar and blend until smooth.  Add the flour mixture and blend until well-combined.  Cook in your waffle iron that you have sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook for 3 minutes (in our waffle iron).

Things I did differently from Sally's Baking Addiction recipe:  1.  Used the blender; 1. used the whole wheat flour; 3. decreased the sugar; 4. used vegetable oil instead of melted butter plus decreased the amount; 5.  put the last of the heavy cream we had into the bottom of the 2-cup measure then filled to 1.75 mark with shaken buttermilk.  (I have learned that you ALWAYS need to shake the buttermilk before measuring.)



With this batter I made two large waffles.  Since I did not want to put leftovers into the freezer to deteriorate because I forgot they were there and because they never taste as good leftover, at least mine don't seem to, I put the rest of the batter into a storage container in the refrigerator.  We will be seeing waffles again VERY soon!

These last two pieces (half of a large waffle) went down rather easily.  I was a bit depraved and instead of serving them with butter and Vermont maple syrup,  I spread a little honey-roasted peanut butter between them (honey-nut peanut butter I ground fresh when I was at Winco early yesterday morning.  I was so quiet that Dear One did not notice I was gone until I came back home and to bed at 6 AM and woke him up!  I love 24-hour grocery stores!  When you cannot sleep, you might as well do something other than just lie there gritting your teeth every moment you are not sleeping...so I go to the store.  Nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: