About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, April 9, 2018

Munchie Monday

For a long time I have searched for a recipe that was vegan, sort of cheese-y, and tastes good.  Finally I have found it.  There  is a website called lifeisnoyoke.com which has a cashew queso recipe on it.  They really suggest that we all try it. I am glad I did!

You need:
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup RAW almonds
1/2 cup RAW cashews
1 large red bell pepper, deveined and de-seeded
1.5 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder—I used dried chopped onions
A pinch of crushed red pepper

Put the wet ingredients into your high speed blender.  Add the rest of the ingredients on top.  Start the blender on low speed then move up to high speed.  Let it blend for 6 minutes.



When you stop blending, the queso is hot and ready to eat.  You can use it as a sauce.  You can use it on macaroni and cheese.  You can use it for a dip.


Things I have done with it:  eaten it out of the blender jar!  Then there was using it for dipping a variety of vegetables and vegetable crackers and tortilla chips.  Most recently I added it to some fairly much dried-out macaroni and cheese.  Dear One served himself a second serving!!  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  Of course, he did not know what he was eating, which was good.  I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: