About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, April 6, 2018

Food Friday: Homemade Almond Milk and Residue

A recipe I wanted to make called for almond milk.  We did not have any.  We did have almonds.  And water, fortunately! So I made some.

To make it I put 1 cup of almonds in the high speed blender then poured in 3 cups of water.  I used distilled water since I had just gotten some.  After about 3 minutes of blending I shut off the machine and poured the milk through a nut milk bag to remove the very fine pulp.


This is the almond milk pulp that I put in the dehydrator to possibly make into almond flour.  Well, why not try to use everything instead of just throwing it down the garbage disposal, which, by the way, is a marvelously useful piece of kitchen equipment if you do not have a compost pile available.

After a few hours in the dehydrator we had some almond flour!  That makes me happy.  Well, and that is on top of the tasty almond milk which tastes nothing like the almond milk I have purchased at the store.

Not a lot of flour, but still, nice to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: