About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, March 18, 2019

Munchie Monday: Food Fail. Again.

We are trying to eat mostly plant foods.  This is going well.  Well, sort of.  Recently I saw a food product on social media somewhere that spoke highly of seitan.  I happened to find some at a rather high end grocery store.  It was Chorizo Sausage Seitan flavor.  How can you go wrong with sausage flavor?  I chose not to resist the urge to purchase it.

Today I made dinner with that Chorizo Sausage Seitan, a can of diced tomatoes we had in the cupboard, and some Miracle Noodles, fettuccini style, plus a few herbs and spices.

WELL!  It was really something.  It was so spicy that our mouths burned for ten minutes.  I decided to pack up the leftovers and take them so someone I know who appreciates spicy food.



It turns out the diced tomatoes were laced with roasted chipotle peppers!  I think it would be a good idea to take more time with grocery shopping and look CAREFULLY at each label, being sure there is a connection between my eyes and my brain...!  Dear One would certainly appreciate it.  Or so he says...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: