About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Sweet Popcorn Treat

It was coming up to Saint Patrick's Day.  I wanted to bring a treat to the office that was not totally garbage.  This is a recipe I found somewhere...though it was for Valentine's Day so it was red.




To make this, pop corn.  Measure out 8 cups and put on a lined rimmed cookie sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of honey nut peanuts over the popped corn then sprinkle 1/2 cup of M and M's. I could not find green ones so I used the mini M and M's that we had on the shelf in a glass jar for decorations.

In a glass measuring cup place 1/2  semi-sweet chocolate chips along with 1 1/2 teaspoons of neutral tasting oil. I used avocado oil. 

Heat for 30 seconds then remove from microwave and stir.  If not entirely melted, put back in the microwave for another 15-30 seconds.  Stir well then drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn, peanuts, and M and M's. 

Repeat with 1/2 cup white chocolate chips into which you have dropped a few drops of green food color plus 1 1/2 teaspoons avocado oil.  Heat for 30 seconds then remove and stir.  In our microwave, the white chocolate chips were melted in 30 seconds.  Drizzle over the top in the other direction.

Let cool completely on the counter.  This takes quite a while.  When the chocolate is no longer tacky, put in an airtight container until ready to serve.

This stuff is all right, just not stunningly delicious. I won't make it again.

To make up for that treat blunder (which, at the time, I did not know was going to be a bust) I also brought in our Vitamix in my carry-on luggage, along with an orange, an apple, a banana (sadly, the banana was still too green), a little knob of fresh ginger, a lemon slice, and a bag of kale.  I made some of Lenny Gale's Every Day Green Juice.  I did not think anyone would like it except me, BUT IT WAS ALL GONE at the end of the afternoon!

That made me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: