About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, March 11, 2019

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Green Juice

Lenny Gale's YouTube channel is so instructive and motivating to me.  He and Shalva put up lots of good recipes.  The latest one I have tried is his Green Juice recipe.

Mine was a little different than his, but it tasted really good anyway.

This uses a high speed blender.  I don't know if a less powerful one will do the trick to liquify everything.  Maybe if run a lot longer...?

This is how I made it because of what I had on hand:

In the blender put in this order:
1.5 cups of water
1 cored apple
1 peeled banana
a small chunk of fresh ginger
2 small dried up peeled clementines
a big handful of chopped raw kale, stems and all
3 cups ice (the ice needs to go on top)


Turn it on to blend on high for 90 seconds, then pour out into glasses. 
NOTE:  This is NOT a thick smoothie, but is in actuality green JUICE, just like Lenny said!


Because I was unsure of the taste, I only poured half a glass for Dear One and for myself.  It was really good!  Dear One liked it, too.  There was leftover juice which I put in the refrigerator to drink later.

Thanks, Lenny and Shalva!  #lifeisnoyoke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: