About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, March 22, 2019

Food Friday: Tofu Spread!

The other day I was at Whole Foods Market.  There was a nice girl with a display/sample table set up near the front of the store.  She invited me over as I was passing by.  I tried a sample. It was tofu spread that she served on a rice cracker.  It was amazingly tasty.  I walked all the way across the store to get a container of it out of the refrigerator case near the produce!




This is what it looks like (above) on toast.  Once, ages ago, I tried to make fake egg salad, which is what this reminds me of. My rendition was garbage.  The brand of this good stuff is "Toby's" which is local to Springfield, Oregon.  It made me happy to support a family business as well as have a tasty treat.

This spread is made of tofu, mayonnaise, onions, celery, nutritional yeast, sea salt, parsley, herbs and spices...all good things.  I wish I had their recipe.  When I go home to Vermont soon, I would like to be able to continue to eat this.

So far I have not tried this on Dear One.  That will be the proof of the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: