About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, March 8, 2019

Food Friday: Two-Step Chunky Microwave Applesauce

We had a fair number of apples left over from Zone Conference last month.  I wondered if we could make baked apples in the microwave.  Mind you, I am not that much a fan of baked apples but I thought that might use up a good few of the apples.

The first step was to get a nice glass bowl for the microwave at Goodwill.  The bowl is a fabulous bowl.  Nice and heavy and the perfect size.

Next I cut four apples in half and scooped out the core, placed them in the bowl (overlapping a little bit) then sprinkled on a little brown sugar, then dotted with butter.  Finally I put them in the microwave at the office and cooked them for 5 minutes on high.

After five minutes the apples were mostly softened but not mush.  I was only able to talk one person in the office to try one.  Since that did not go as I had hoped, I put the bowl in the refrigerator overnight.

Today I brought my little Ninja Food Chopper Express to the office and chopped up those cold apples.  It made wonderful chunky applesauce!  In no time flat!


By the way, this is NOT the nice heavy glass bowl from Goodwill...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: