About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New To Me Watercolor Technique

A few weeks ago I happened onto a YouTube watercolorist who had a new to me technique.  I decided to try it out.

This was my first attempt.


This is pretty ragged but it was fun. 

Start with three very wet dots of paint.  Get your brush wet, then dab some of the water on a towel.  Finally, reach into the center of each dot and sort of drag the paint out, wobbling your brush as you go.  When the first three petals are complete, drop in two more dots and repeat the process.

At this point you can add some dark color in the center then drag out some stems.  If you feel like you have made a mess of it, you can add some spatter to kind of counteract the effect!

This is fun. It is not very good but it is fun. I will do more of them until I get some that I really like.  I mean, I do like this, just see so many places for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: