About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Middle of the Night Projects

Another night waking up around 11 o'clock.  Since I could not go back to sleep, I decided to do something productive.  This time it is making the Christmas cards.  This year they are all different.  The idea is the same for each of them but because of the process, they are all unique. Not necessarily good...!

These card fronts are Gelli prints.  The replacement masking fluid pen that I ordered from Amazon is what I have been using to make the stars.  No two stars are the same...the result of ineptitude and inexperience.  The "inks" are Gelli Cosmic Blue and Liquitex Phthalocyanine Blue.  The Gelli plate is 5' by 7".  Interestingly enough, the Liquitex paint is VERY staining!  The brayer is now totally blue, unable to change back to the pink it has been ever since I started using that particular brayer.


You will notice the stars are VERY different!


This following star is my preferred star design BUT so far it is not easily duplicate-able...


Now, with a good batch of cards ready, shall I go downstairs and start in on gingerbread cookie dough?  Don't know.  May try sleeping again.

It really has been pleasant to sit here peacefully working and listening to train whistles in the distance.  The train tracks are about a mile away.  Sometimes the train stops at the intersection on US 521 and just sits there.  I got to learn more about the roads in the area when I tried to go around the stopped behemoth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: